Friday, October 19, 2007

003: My oven is weird.

I don't know what's wrong with my oven. My cake is perfectly done on one side, but the other side has this big raw patch on the top. It's cooked in stoneware, so it's not a problem with the pan!

Guess we'll see how it turns out in the end!

I'm making pumpkin spice cake, by the way. Really easy. Add one can of pumpkin to a spice cake mix, and omit the water. I actually added about 1/2 cup water to mine, but it really didn't need it. Bake according to package directions.

It works well if your oven cooks properly. I made pumpkin cakes like these last year! Here's some pictures:

Little pumpkins!
And more little pumpkins!

Those were made in mini bundt pans and frosted with tinted cream cheese frosting. The stems are twisted Tootsie Rolls. So cute!

No comments: