Thursday, August 28, 2008

007: Lasagna Rolls

Here's a new idea for lasagna! I tried this out the other night and it really came out tasty.

Get your favorite recipe for lasagna, or just follow the one on the box of lasagna noodles. Cook the noodles as directed, and mix up whatever cheese filling you're going to put in the center. I used a carton of ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan. Once the noodles are done, spread them out on waxed paper. I added a bit of parsley, and some salt and pepper. Next time, I'm going to add a bit of Italian seasoning mix as well.

Now comes the fun part! Smear each noodle with a spoonful of the cheese mixture, then top with whatever meats and veggies you want. I used cooked ground beef and diced mushrooms, but I think shrimp and mushrooms would be fun, or zucchini and green peppers and onions... whatever you like! Roll each noodle up tightly, then place seam-side down in a greased pan. Top with a can of your favorite spaghetti sauce, or use alfredo sauce if you've tried something like shrimp or chicken in your rolls. Bake as directed for your lasagna recipe.

These come out delicious, and less messy to serve than regular lasagna! They really don't take that much more work than layering the lasagna normally, either. I think it would be a fun recipe to make with friends, assembly-line style.

No comments: